Wednesday 22 June 2011




While cruising the ether I came across a fabulous film. "Fabulous" is perhaps over egging it because I watched it for less than five minutes. It had two main signifiers of "the future": a sliding door (clearly worked by an ageing stagehand in a brown coat) and people wearing tracksuits wandering around an empty factory complex. Wearing the wrong clothes for the job is perhaps the most enduring filmic method for causing temporal shift. I have recently taken to dressing for work entirely in 1970s cycling gear, feel it highlights the sense of dystopian nightmare that already permeates the building. Yes I'm waffling it's just that I felt guilty that I had written nothing recently and I thought a bit of guff might keep the readers warm. Sorry.

No comments:

Post a Comment